No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
Matthew 24 : 36
It amazes me how many Christians can be deceived into believing dates , if the Bible makes one thing clear about these dates is that no man knows them , whether we are talking about the Rapture , second coming , or the anti-christ , if we read our Bibles then we know that any date someone comes up with is false.
Another danger I could see with dates is that they could set people up for deception . Jesus warned about False Christ and False Prophets .....
At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it.
For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible.
Matthew 24 : 23 -24
People who believe dates put themselves in danger , when reading Revelation it can be seen that the Anti-Christ is going to go out of his way to appear as if he is Jesus , the Bible doesn't confirm it , but I wouldn't be surprised if he resembled the image of Jesus that the world has
1 I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come!" 2 I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.
Revelation6 : 1 -2
The symbolism here screams Jesus , except for the bow , so making dates can be dangerous , for example (and this is just a theory) , if someone who looks like Jesus comes riding on world wide television on December 21 , 2012 , how many people do you think would believe he was Jesus? We always need to be alert and search the scriptures for answers , we can not just allow ourselves to be led astray because this person has slick speech or that person sounds smart , we are encouraged to search the scriptures (Acts 17 : 11) and test the spirits(1 John 4 : 1-3)
Heavenly Father I pray that we would seek and search your word before jumping at the words of others , Lord I pray for discernment for all of your believers and I thank you for your word that you have given us to help guide us through these last days in Jesus name amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment