Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2 : 15
11 Now the Berean Jews
were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they
received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures
every day to see if what Paul said was true.
Acts 17 : 11
I've got to admit a lot of topics I have seen on some sites have left me scratching my head , now while a lot of the bible is meat and requires study and revelation by the Holy Spirit , some topics are easy to answer just by reading your Bible!!!!! A clear example would be the 10 Commandments (Exodus 20) , I think it is safe to say that wanting to have an affair is wrong , or wanting what someone else has (coveting) is wrong , or bearing a false witness (i. e. lying) is wrong , but I have seen people ask questions along those lines , the point is if you don't read your Bible you won't know.
No comments:
Post a Comment